1. Bottom-up troubleshooting begins at which layer of the OSI model?
data link layer
2. Which two statements are true about local applications? (Choose two.)
They run on the network.
An example of a local application is e-mail.
#They are accessed from a remote computer.
They are stored on the local hard disk.
#They run on the computer where they are installed.
3. Refer to the exhibit. What default gateway address will be assigned to PC1 if access to remote resources is needed?
A default gateway is not necessary.
4. Which attribute must be the same for wireless devices on one network to be able to communicate with devices on a different network?
wireless equipment vendor
5. How do ISPs obtain public IP addresses?
They create the addresses themselves.
They obtain the addresses from the home PCs.
They obtain the addresses from the Internet registry.
#They obtain the addresses from the RFC.
6. Refer to the exhibit. The security policy of an organization allows employees to connect to the office intranet from their homes. Which type of security policy is this?
7. Which wireless component allows wireless clients to gain access to a wired network?
8. Which network design layer provides a connection point for end user devices to the network?
9. Which two transport layer protocols are used to transfer messages between hosts? (Choose two.)
10. An administrator is troubleshooting a network problem that involves the inability of users to reach Internet sites. During troubleshooting, the administrator is able to successfully ping web sites by their IP address, but pings to domain names are unsuccessful. Which service is most likely at fault?
11. Refer to the graphic. Assume that the command output is from a wireless DHCP client that is connected to a Linksys integrated router. What can be deduced from the output?
#The wireless connection is good.
The WEP key or SSID needs to be checked.
The DHCP configuration on the router needs to be checked.
The wireless NIC driver or the NIC itself needs to be reinstalled.
12. A company has a web server that must be accessible to both external and internal clients. Which security policy best practice should be followed to maximize security of the server?
Place the web server in a DMZ.
#Keep the web server on the external network.
Configure a firewall device to serve as the web server.
Locate the web server in the server farm of the internal network.
13. TCP/IP data transmission between the source and destination host is de-encapsulated in four steps:
A. The TCP header is removed.
B. Bits are decoded and the destination MAC address is recognized.
C. The IP header is removed and the contents are passed to the next layer.
D. The Ethernet header and trailer are removed.
What is the correct sequence of these steps?
A, B, C, D
A, C, B, D
#B, C, D, A
B, D, C, A
C, A, B, D
14. A computer joins the network and announces itself to all hosts on the LAN. What type of message does the computer send out?
15. What are two ways that a user can interact with an operating system shell? (Choose two.)
16. What are two examples of peripheral input devices? (Choose two.)
17. What are three examples of logical configuration information used when planning a network implementation? (Choose three.)
#size of broadcast domains
length of cable runs
#IP addressing scheme
#physical device location
location of power outlets
18. Which wireless protocol is used for encryption?
19. Which value represents the host portion of IP address 220.127.116.11 with a subnet mask of 255.255.0.0?
20. A home user is looking for an ISP connection that provides high speed digital transmission over regular phone lines. What ISP connection type should be used?
21. What is the purpose of pop-up blocker software?
It detects and removes spyware.
It detects and removes viruses.
#It prevents the display of advertisement windows.
It removes unwanted e-mail.
22. What are two advantages of purchasing a custom-built computer? (Choose two.)
usually a lower cost
no waiting period for assembly
#user can specify higher performance components
#supports higher-end graphics and gaming applications
fewer components to replace
23. Refer to the exhibit. PC1 is unable to access the web server at 18.104.22.168/27. Based on the provided output, what is the most likely cause of the problem?
PC1 is not plugged in to RTR1.
Port 80 is already in use on PC1.
No DNS server is configured on PC1.
#PC1 is configured with an incorrect IP address and default gateway.
24. What is the name for the contract between a customer and an ISP that specifies requirements for uptime and service response time?
25. Which term is associated with logical addressing?
Media Access Control addresses
26. Which Windows PC command line utility can be used to discover the path that a packet takes to reach a destination?
27. Which statement accurately describes what network devices do in the distribution layer of the three layer design model?
They interconnect individual hosts.
They interconnect multiple companies.
#They interconnect local network segments.
They interconnect the company network to the ISP.
28. Select three statements that correctly describe how DHCP services may be provided. (Choose three.)
An integrated router provides IP configurations for most ISPs.
#An integrated router can act as both DHCP server and DHCP client.
A home PC using a static IP address obtained that address from a DHCP server.
#Most home network integrated routers receive an IP configuration directly from their ISP.
#A variety of devices can act as DHCP servers, as long as they run DHCP service software.
A home PC that is unable to find a DHCP server defaults to the static IP address of 192.168.1.1.
29. Which two causes of networking problems are related to the physical layer? (Choose two.)
#improper operation of cooling fans
incorrect MAC address
incorrect default gateway
incorrect subnet mask
30. Which installation option should be chosen when the current operating system is too damaged to work properly?
31. What is an ISP?
It is a standards body that develops cabling and wiring standards for networking.
It is a protocol that establishes how computers within a local network communicate.
#It is an organization that enables individuals and businesses to connect to the Internet.
It is a networking device that combines the functionality of several different networking devices in one.
32.What two pieces of information should a help desk technician document while troubleshooting connectivity issues with an end user? (Choose two.)
the CPU clock speed of the computer
the number of network jacks that are in the room
#if the user can ping the default gateway address
if the word processing software is installed correctly
#whether the PC uses dynamic or static IP addressing
33. Refer to the graphic. What feature can be installed on the Linksys integrated router to convert private IP addresses to Internet-
34. After attaching four PCs to the switch ports, configuring the SSID and setting authentication properties for a small office network, a technician successfully tests the connectivity of all PCs that are connected to the switch and WLAN. A firewall is then configured on the device prior to connecting it to the Internet. What type of network device includes all of the described features?
standalone wireless access point
35. For the second time in a week, workstations on a LAN are not able to log into the server. The technician fixed the problem the first time, but cannot remember the steps taken to solve it. What aspect of the troubleshooting process has the technician neglected?
identifying the problem
asking end-users questions
#documenting the troubleshooting process
using structured techniques to solve a problem
36. What is the default subnet mask for an IP address of 22.214.171.124?
37. How does a crossover cable make it possible for two "like devices" (for example, two switches) to communicate?
The transmit pins are disconnected and only the receive pins are used.
The transmit pins on one device are connected to the transmit pins on the other device.
The receive pins on one device are connected to the receive pins on the other device.
#The transmit pins on one device are connected to the receive pins on the other device.
38. What will be one result of using a wireless infrastructure when designing the communications infrastructure for a new building?
#Wireless devices will be easy to add or relocate.
Infrastructure installation will be difficult and expensive.
There will be less interference from outside electronic sources.
Data transmitted over wireless networks will be more secure than when transmitted over wired networks.
39. What does the term "attenuation" mean in data communication?
#loss of signal strength as distance increases
time for a signal to reach its destination
leakage of signals from one cable pair to another
strengthening of a signal by a networking device
40. Which type of computer has an integrated mouse?
41. Which Windows command is used to display the configured IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway?
42. What must be identical on all devices in a WLAN for successful wireless communication between the devices?
wireless NIC driver
43. For devices that do not autosense, which connection requires a crossover cable?
hub port to router port
PC to hub port
PC to switch port
#PC port to PC port
44. Refer to the exhibit. A user on Host1 requests a web page from the web server. Which diagram is accurate for the encapsulation of the traffic that is sent from the user to the web server?
UNBEKANNT> Wahrscheinlich D
45. What describes the external IP address that is obtained by a router through a cable or DSL modem?
a public address that is obtained from ICANN
a private address that is manually configured by the administrator
#a public address that is obtained through DHCP from the ISP
a private address that converts to a public address on the internal LAN
46. Which two components are configured via software in order for a PC to participate in a network environment? (Choose two.)
47. What destination IP address is used in a unicast packet?
#a specific host
a group of hosts
all hosts on the network
the network broadcast address
Which part of the electromagnetic spectrum is commonly used to exchange data between a PDA and a computer?
49. What two commands can be used to form a new binding if client information does not agree with the DHCP client table? (Choose two.)
50. What are the two possible values for a digital bit? (Choose two.)
51. Which picture shows a USB port on a PC?
*dieses müssen Sie wissen...
52. What is the purpose of a router?
#to forward broadcasts to all interfaces so that all hosts receive them
to maintain a table of individual host addresses
to select the best path to reach remote networks
to physically connect multiple hosts that belong to the same network